A blog carnival that is!
If you haven’t heard the term before a blog carnival is a collection of posts from different blogs related to a specific topic that which links to are posted on one blog.
Now the reason why this is cool is two-fold:
- Driving visitors to a developer blog can be tough. And this can be a terrific way to drive traffic to a site with minimal effort. More visitors can mean more sales and more money which is probably why you are developing in the first place.
- It’s a great way to get information and insights into iOS development, and make connections with other iPhone developers.
The carnival was started by @mysterycoconut on Twitter (I guess it is more of a theme park since the carnival stays in one place), and is hosted at idevblogaday.com. You can contact him to get on the waiting list if you’d like to submit a post.
Don’t forget ManiacDev.Com also takes in submissions of tutorials, tips, tools, and libraries which I will blog about here in front of the 2k+ daily visitors giving you a permanent link.
Just today I was on Twitter, and found a great post from Bob Sealy illustrating some great information that he had found on Twitter.
This information includes:
- How to handle double sized images on the iPhone 4
- Getting a speed boost by clearing the OpenGL ES color buffer before rendering
- Hot loading game assets
- Reverting your iOS device to previous builds
- and more…
Check it out, you can find the article here:
The Things I Learn From Twitter Amaze Me
And to all the Americans reading (well everyone else too!) have a Happy Independence Day!
Btw, if you’ve written an article feel free to submit it, or a link to it here and if I think the readers will like it I’ll feature it on the site in front of our 2,000+ daily visitors.