If you’re looking to ace your interviews, or just expand your iOS development knowledge Durul Dalkanat has put together a great collection of questions based on interview questions he’s been asked.
There are 150 questions in all and each question is answered with at least a link so you won’t have to go digging.
A great collection of iOS development questions for increasing your knowledge or preparing for an interview.
3D touch is a great way to enhance user interface components and Yari D’areglia has written a nice guide to building a custom confirmation button that neatly uses 3D touch.
In the tutorial you’ll learn how to draw the button, handle the user’s touch force, update the UI based on the touch force, and create a fallback mode for devices that don’t support for touch.
This video shows the button you’ll create from the tutorial:
You can find the tutorial on the Think and Build It site.
A nice guide to building a user interface component that utilizes 3D touch.
Maps are an essential feature for many apps and Pranjil Satija has written a nice up-to-date guide using Swift showing how to get started with using the iOS framework’s MapKit
- Setting up your project to use MapKit
- Laying out your map in interface builder
- Gathering the user’s location
- Creating custom annotations and shapes
- Displaying custom annotations and shapes in the proper location on the map
You can find the tutorial over on the Appcoda Blog.
A nice guide to getting started with MapKit.
There are a number of great new features added with the iOS 10 SDK and Shinobi Controls have made an in-depth series of tutorials showing how to use many of them.
The topics covered within the tutorials include
- Create a simple Battleship like game as a Messages app extension
- Using Xcode’s Thread Sanitizer to avoid data race conditions
- Creating a simple Xcode Source Editor Extension
- Performing animations with the new UIViewPropertyAnimator
- Create and display local notifications
- Creating custom notifications with richer content
- Using the Measurement API for unit conversion
- Using speech recognition
- Integrating an app with Siri using Siri Intents
- Customizing the user interface siri displays when displaying content provided by your app
You can find the tutorials on the Shinobi Controls blog.
You can access the source code for the tutorials on Github here.
A great set of tutorials on many of the best new features added with iOS 10.
Testing your UI with Apple’s UI testing framework is great for creating tests that can be used across a variety of different devices and iOS versions however those tests can sometimes be slow, and occasionally just stop working.
Snapshots provide a nice alternative to Xcode’s UI tests and Facebook’s FBSNapshotTestCase library provides a nice framework for performing Snapshot UI tests.
Dominik Hauser has written a nice step-by-step guide to configuring and using FBSnapshotTestCase showing how to
You can find the tutorial on the Swift and Painless blog.
You can find FBSnapshotTest on Github here.
A nice straightforward guide on using FBSnapshotTestCase.