iOSMath is an open source component from Kostub Deshmukh for displaying math equations in iOS applications within a UILabel type class.
Equations in iOSMath are created using the popular LaTeX mathematics markup format and the following formula types are supported by the library according to the readme:
- Simple algebraic equations
- Fractions and continued fractions
- Exponents and subscripts
- Trigonometric formulae
- Square roots and n-th roots
- Calculus symbos – limits, derivatives, integrals
- Big operators (e.g. product, sum)
- Big delimiters (using \left and \right)
- Greek alphabet
- Combinatorics (\binom, \choose etc.)
- Geometry symbols (e.g. angle, congruence etc.)
- Ratios, proportions, percents
- Math spacing
- Overline and underline
- Math accents
- Equation alignment
- Most commonly used math symbols
Here is an image from the readme showing a formula drawn using iosMath:
You can find iosMath on Github here.
A great component for drawing math formulas.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.