Maps are an essential feature for many apps and Pranjil Satija has written a nice up-to-date guide using Swift showing how to get started with using the iOS framework’s MapKit
- Setting up your project to use MapKit
- Laying out your map in interface builder
- Gathering the user’s location
- Creating custom annotations and shapes
- Displaying custom annotations and shapes in the proper location on the map
You can find the tutorial over on the Appcoda Blog.
A nice guide to getting started with MapKit.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.