Using Xcode instruments can be somewhat daunting and Kevin Kzmierczak has written a nice guide explaining some of the basics of using instruments entitled “What every iOS Developer should be doing with Instruments”.
In the tutorial covers a number of topics including:
– When to profile a project
– How to profile the CPU with the time profiler
– Understanding the different options when profiling the CPU
– Utilizing the memory profiler
– Finding memory leaks with the profiler
You can find the tutorial over on Kevin Kazmierczak’s blog.
A nice guide to the basics of profiling an app with Xcode’s instruments.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.