Image downloading, caching and processing are common tasks and here’s an open source library called DFImageManager from Alexander Grebnyuk for fetching, caching, processing, and preheating images that utilizes many newer features in the iOS SDK.
Some of the features include:
- Memory caching with preheating to intelligently cache and load images which will be appearing soon
- Support for the latest URL loading system which supports SPDY
- Image resizing, decompression, and processing
- An included image view component for displaying placeholder images, loading images, and more with nice transitions
- Grouping of requests smartly never executes them twice
- Well organized source code along with many nice usage examples
You can find DFImageManager on Github here.
An interesting new library for downloading, caching, and displaying images.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.