I’ve mentioned a number of libraries for improved logging statements most recently XCGLogger which makes it easy to create log statements with more additional details created for Swift projects.
Here’s a library called XLFacility providing a drop in replacement of NSLog with a number of added features from Pierre-Olivier Latour.
Some of the features of XLFacility include:
– Viewing of logging messages in real-time via Telnet or TCP
– An HTTP server for viewing real-time log messagess and browsing past logging messages
– Different logging levels, and macros for easy logging at each level
– Customizable logging formats
– An in-app logging overlay that can appear when messages are sent to XLFacility
– A nice syntax for creating your own custom loggers
With XLFacility you can log to the console, a file, a SQLite database, and you can also view messages in realt-time via Telnet or TCP and there is a built-in http server so you can browse past log messages or see live updates.
You can find XLFacility on Github here.
A nice logging library with some great features.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.