Earlier this month I mentioned some nice tools from Felix Krause for automatically taking and framing screenshots, generating pem files for your push notification server, and updating app data and ipa files on iTunes connect.
Here’s a nice command line tool submitted by Krause for working with providing profiles allowing you to avoid going through the menus in Xcode in case you need to download or repair a provisioning profile called Sigh.
The features of Sigh as listed in the readme include:
– Download the latest provisioning profile for your app
– Renew a provisioning profile, when it has expired
– Repair a provisioning profile, when it is broken
– Create a new provisioning profile, if it doesn’t exist already
– Supports App Store, Ad Hoc and Development profiles
– Support for multiple Apple accounts, storing your credentials securely in the Keychain
You can easily integrate Sigh with your continous integration server and it is very helpful in case your existing profile suddenly becomes invalid.
You can install with: sudo gem install sigh
You can find Sigh on Github here with full usage instructions.
A nice time-saving tool.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.