I’ve mentioned a few objective-c libraries providing easy background image downloading and caching, most recently Heneke.
Here’s an interesting library created in Swift that provides background image downloading with built-in caching called Skeets from Dalton Cherry.
Skeets features a nice simple syntax requiring only one method call to download images with callbacks for progress, completion, and errors.
The feature list according to thre readme includes:
– Multi level cache. In-memory and disk caching.
– Nonblocking IO. All HTTP and disk IO happen in the background, thanks to GCD.
– Simple one method to load a remote image.
– Robust, fast, and customizable caching.
– Simple concise codebase at just a few hundred LOC.
– handles redundant image requests, so only one request is sent for multiple queries
You can find Skeets on Github here.
A nice simple Swift based image downloading library with built in caching.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.