Here’s a nice tutorial from Ryan on creating blurs, and utilizing the new visual effects classes found in iOS 8.
The topics covered in the tutorial include:
– How the typical Gaussian blur algorithm works
– How to use blurs to improve your app’s design
– Taking a screen snapshot and applying a blur
– Adding vibrancy to a blur (with UIVibrancyEffect)
– Creating different blur effect styles (with UIBlurEffect)
You can find the tutorial here.
A nice guide on creating blurs.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.