I’ve metioned a number of color pickers in the past, but unfortunately it looks like most of the projects have been abandoned. Here’s a new color picker submitted by Jeff Johnson called DRColorPicker that has many nice unique features such as favorites, a color wheel, recent colors, pick by hue and support for imported images as colors.
The features as stated in the readme include:
– Supports any resolution, portrait and landscape, and works on iPhone and iPad
– Allows favorite colors, recent colors, colors by hue, color wheel or import of texture
– Color wheel shows the RGB color and allows changing the color by typing an RGB value
– Alpha of color can be changed
– State is saved and loaded automatically to / from a JSON file, textures are saved to files
– Textures can be stored in JPEG 2000 (default) or PNG
– Texture de-duplication ensures that only one version of each texture is stored
– Favorites can be managed by long-tapping on a color
– Imports colors from the NEO Color Picker automatically
– Localized into most languages
Here are a couple of images showing off the color picker and favorites feature:
You can find DRColorPicker on Github here.
An excellent color picker component.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.