With the release of iOS 7 I mentioned the iOS 7 sampler an extensive collection of source code examples on new features added with iOS 7.
Shuichi Tsutsumi, the same developer who released the iOS 7 sampler has now released the iOS 8 sampler which you can expect to grow and be updated over time, but already includes many different examples.
Here’s an explanation for most of the code samples currently included:
– Audio Effects – distortion and delay
– New core image filter previews
– Custom Core Image filters using CIKernel
– A Basic Metal Example showing how to render a set of cubes
– Metal uniform streaming example
– Rendering 2D images on a 3D scene with SceneKit
– Example showing how to fetch all HealthKit data available
– Invoking Touch ID using local authentication
– Visual Effects – UIBlur Effect and UIVibrancyEffect
– Browsing with WKWebView
– Displaying action sheets and alerts with UIAlertController
– Local Notifications with UIUSerNotificationSettings
– Using the pedometer API
– Playing media with AVKit
– Creating histograms from images
– Generating Aztec Code and 128 barcodes
– An example showing off newly available fonts
– Using UIPopoverControllerPesenter
You can find the iOS 8 Sampler on Github here.
A great collection of iOS code samples.