Earlier this year I mentioned an open source app personal movement tracking app in development called Theseus inspired by Google’s Latitude app.
Here’s a nice step-by-step tutorial on how to create a movement tracking app inspired by the popular Runkeeper app from Matt Luedke.
The topics within the tutorial include:
– Setting up a Core Data database for location and run data
– Setting up the interface in map views
– Tracking the location using Core location
– Drawing on the map in real-time to show where the user has been
– Saving the data for later
– Using the simulator test your app
– Setting up a badge system for tracking progress
– Setting up custom map annotations
This screenshot from the tutorial shows off the end result:
A nice guide for anyone looking to create a movement tracking app.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.