Previously i mentioned a few custom video player components, most recently ALMoviePlayerController that provides a similar look to iOS default player with more UI customizations.
Here’s an open sourec component from Viki engineering providing a nice customizable video component called VKVideoPlayer that adds a number of very nice features.
With VKVideoPlayer you get a nice easy to implement video player with a clean look and nice features such as event suport so you can easily place ads at specific points.
The key features as stated in the readme include:
– Fully customizable UI
– No full screen restrictions (have it any size and position you would like!)
– Display subtitles (SRT supported out of the box)
– Customize subtitles (use CSS for styling courtesy of DTCoreText)
– Supports HTTP Live streaming
– Orientation change support (even when orientation lock is enabled)
– Bulletproof event machine to easily integrate features like video ads
– Lots of delegate callbacks for your own logging requirements
And here’s an image showing the video player in action in the Viki app.
You can find VKVideoPlayer on Github here.
A nice component for creating video players.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.