I’ve mentioned a number of interesting UICollectionView based projects most recently a Passbook inspired stacked cards view.
Here’s an interesting UICollectionView based example submitted by Kenny Tang called KTSecretTextView inspired by the Secret app that allows you to easily create great looking interactive text views.
The features as stated in the readme include:
– Scroll horizontally to choose between 8 types of background colors (Emerald Sea, Hopscotch, Lavender, Burst, Cupid, Peony, Midnight, White).
– Long Press to choose color from a compressed palette.
– Swipe vertically to choose between 6 types of textures (Glow, Linen, Lines, Noise, Squares, Squares2)
– Take a photo or choose one from Camera Roll as background.
– Pan left/right/up/down to vary the blurriness and dimmness of the background image.
– Text will attempt to align to the center vertically.
You can find KTSecretTextView on Github here.
You can read more about the creation of KTSecretTextView on the Cogito Ergo Sum blog.
A nice UICollectionView based example.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.