Node.js and MongoDB are extremely easy to deploy and a wide number of platforms and have become a pretty common choice for building web-based backend services for iOS apps.
Here’s an extensive tutorial that goes through step-by-step building a simple backend service using the node.js based Express.js framework and building an app to connect to and utilize the created web service that will use the data to generate info that will be seen on a map view.
Among the things you’ll learn are:
– The advantages of using node.js, Express.js and MongoDB
– Quickly installing MongoDB on Mac using Brew
– Installing the Express node module
– Serving up content with Express
– Setting up your URL routes with express
– Setting up a collection driver for easy MongoDB collection queries based on URL
– Loading, deleting and saving data
– Displaying the desired data when needed a map
A nice guide for those looking to add a backend to their apps.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.