Previously I mentioned a collection of iOS 7 examples included one demonstrating the basics of the new speech synthesis API AVSpeechSynthesizer.
Here’s a library submitted by Vimal M that provides an enhanced syntax for working with AVSpeechSynthesizer and enhancements when reading text within a view, called MVSpeechSynthesizer.
The features of MVSpeechSynthesizer include:
– A blocks based rather than delegate based approach
– List all supported languages and their names
– Auto detect the language of a string and read
– Highlight word being read
– Auto scrolling at the bottom of the reading view
You can find MVSPeechSynthesizer on Github here.
A nice library for anyone looking to create an app that uses AVSpeechSynthesizer, and especially one that involves reading text.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.