Recently I mentioned some source code examples showing how to create a Flappy Bird style game using Sprite Kit, and previously I mentioned a library providing a component model and some helpers for working with Sprite Kit.
Here’s a nother nice easy to implement library adding some nice useful features to Sprite Kit from John Sundell called Super Sprite Kit.
These extensions provide quite a bit of functionality to help with making Sprite Kit games including:
– Helpers for handling touch interaction
– A custom node nodes with tiled texture
– A custom node with stretched textures for dynamically sized UI components
– A custom node for easily displaying multiple lines of text
– Helpers allowing you to animate without creating new actions
– Support for tags like UIView so you can identify your nodes
You can find SuperSpriteKit on Github here.
A nice library making it easy to perform some common tasks that aren’t included within the Sprite Kit API.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.