I’ve mentioned a number of libraries providing caching capabilities, most recently TMCache that provides a high performance key/value store with automatic caching.
Here’s a library from Alterplay called APSmartStorage that makes it easy to gather network resources and automatically cache that data on disk or in memory with a number of nice features.
The features as stated in the readme include:
– Load cached object from memory by URL
– Load cached object from file by URL
– Load object from network by URL
– Store loaded object to file
– Store loaded object to memory
– Parse loaded data from network (for instance, NSData to UIImage)
– Automatically purge memory cache on memory warning
– Set max object count to keep in memory to prevent memory overflow
– Set custom NSURLSessionConfiguration
You can find APSmartStorage on Github here.
A nice easy way to cache network resources.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.