I’ve mentioned a couple of excellent open source projects for working with audio on the iOS platform such as the high performance audio library Novacaine, and the OrigamiEngine with support for a wide variety of audio file formats.
Here’s an open source iOS library called FreeStreamerMobile providing an easy to use audio streaming library with a number of very nice features. such as improved performance, support for different types of audio streams, background streaming and more.
Here’s a list of key features as stated in the readme:
– Fast and low memory footprint (no overhead of Objective-C method calls)
– Supports ShoutCast and IceCast audio streams + standard HTTP
– Can detect the stream type based on the content type
– Supports ShoutCast metadata
– Supports interruptions (for example a phone call during playing the stream)
– Supports backgrounding
– Supports a subset of the ID3v2 tag specification
– Supports Podcast RSS feeds
You can find FreeStreamer on the homepage here.
A nice library for streaming audio.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.