Earlier this year I mentioned a caching library providing easy to implement disk and memory caching.
Here’s a library from Path which they created to solve the performance issues related to scrolling through images in their image rich social networking app called Fast Image Cache. Fast Image Cache provides a cache library with a number of features specific to high performance image display in iOS apps.
There is a demo app included that demonstrates the benefits from using Fast Image Cache showing a large framerate increase.
The benefits of Fast Image Cache as stated in the readme include:
Stores images of similar sizes and styles together
– Persists image data to disk
– Returns images to the user significantly faster than traditional methods
– Automatically manages cache expiry based on recency of usage
– Utilizes a model-based approach for storing and retrieving images
– Allows images to be processed on a per-model basis before being stored into the cache
You can find FastImageCache on Github here.
A nice library helping to solve a common performance issue.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.