I’ve mentioned some excellent open source libraries for working with PDFs such as this library allowing you to easily make a PDF file from an HTML string from URL and an example app featuring a PDF viewer with annotation support.
Here’s a library called ILPDFKit from IWELabs that provides extensive support for working with PDF forms.
With ILPDFKit You can easily extract and analyze PDF forms, fill in and select values, and print out pre-filled forms.
As stated in the readme with ILPDFKit features are included enabling you to:
– View and interact with PDF forms (Button, Text, and Choice)
– Extract and modify AcroForm values.
– Save form data to the original PDF file (Uncompressed PDF files only)
– Created XML respresentation of all forms and data for form submission.
– Print filled out forms to a printer or flat PDF.
– Easy introspection using PDFDocument, PDFPage, PDFDictionary and PDFArray.
– Rapidly, parse, extract and analyze PDF document structure, data and properties.
Included is a very nice example showing how to work with a form with different types of elements.
You can find ILPDFKit on Github here.
A very nice open source library for working with PDF forms.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.