Here’s a library from Moshe Berman providing a simple graphics engine for tile based games allowing you to render TMX maps, and sprites along with other handy features such as virtual controls and game state management.
As the readme state:
– Load maps: MBTileParser is actually the name of a class in the engine. You can load TMX files. Use the MBMapViewController class for this.
– Load sprites: You can load sprites using MBSpriteView. MBMovableSpriteView supports movement too.
– Display Dialog: Load and parse dialog trees, using MBDialogTree. (Support for end actions is now implemented.)
– Take Input: Create custom virtual game controls, using the MBJoystick and MBControllerButton classes. You can also use the included layout.
– Manage Games State: The latest update includes state support (in progress) which allows you to track levels, stamina, score, items, dialog, and more.
Here are a couple of images from the readme showing MBTileParser in action:
And a video:
You can find MBTileParser on Github here.
A great library if you’re looking to create games with UIKit.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.