Previously I mentioned a nice control for creating a UITableView with chat bubbles similar to the Messages app called UIBubbleTableView.
Here’s a similar control with a number of enhancements called MessagesTableViewController from Jesse Squires. This control provides animations and sound effects along with a dynamically sizing input view for messages.
MessagesTableViewController is built off of SSMessagesViewController and the readme states that the following enhancements were added:
– Brought up-to-date for iOS 6.0 and ARC
– Allows arbitrary message sizes (and message bubble sizes)
– Universal for iPhone and iPad
– Dynamically resizes input text view as you type
– Improved hiding/showing keyboard with NSNotification
– Automatically enables/disables send button if text view is empty or not
– Refactoring, refinements, and fixes
Here are some images showing the control in action:
You can find MessagesTableViewController on Github here.
A nice easy way to add a functional chat interface into an app.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.