Here’s a C# library (Mono Compatible) that allows you to send push notifications to iOS apps along with Android, Windows Phone, and some support for Blackberry applications.
Here’s a list of features from the readme:
– Supports sending push notifications for many platforms:
– Apple (APNS – iOS – iPhone, iPad)
– Android (GCM/C2DM – Phone/Tablets)
– Windows Phone 7 / 7.5 (and 8 presumably when it’s released)
– Blackberry (Not fully functional)
– Fluent API for constructing Notifications for each platform
– Auto Scaling of notification channels (more workers/connections are added as demand increases, and scaled down as it decreases)
– Asynchronous code where possible, use of library is very event oriented
– 100% managed code awesomeness for Mono compatibility!
You can find the library PushSharp on Github here.
You can find a tutorial illustrating how to use PushSharp with iOS applications in the Wiki here.
Another good alternative for sending push notifications.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.