While there’s been a slight slowdown in the number of iOS developer resources with everyone preparing for iOS 6 and the new iPhone there were a number of excellent resources.
The most popular resources from the last two weeks on this site include a library for creating 3D charts, a grid component for which you can change the size of each cell in dynamically, and a C# library you can use for push notifications.
Here are the resources:
1. Open Source iOS Library For Easily Creating 3D Charts – A great library for creating interactive 3D charts using bars and cylinders.
2. Open Source iOS Grid View Control With Automatic Dynamic Layout Changing – A grid view control that allows you to change the dimensions of each cell and update dynamically.
3. Open Source C# (Mono Compatible) Library for Sending Push Notifications To iOS Apps – A great library for sending push notifications supporting multiple mobile platforms.
4. Open Source Unity 2D Game Framework With A Flash/Cocos2D Like Syntax – A framework for creating 2D games with Unity game engine that should have a very feel for anyone that has used Cocos2D.
5. Custom iOS Control For Making Great Looking Analog Flipping Numbers – A great looking control for creating flip style numbers like those found on an old clock radio.
6. Open Source Custom iOS UITableView Control For Chat Bubbles Like The Messages App – A control allowing you to create chat bubbles just like the messages app with time stamping.
7. Tutorial: Create A Character With Ragdoll Physics Using Chipmunk And Cocos2D – An in-depth tutorial showing how to create a ragdoll in Cocos2D.
8. Open Source iOS Control For Creating Springboard Style Icons With Alert Badges – An open source control that allows you to add alert badges to springboard style icons.
9. Open Source iOS Library Allows UIAppearance Usage With A CSS Style Syntax – A library that makes it easy to style UIKit components by allowing you to use a CSS like syntax with UIAppearance.
10. Easy Wrapper For Open Source Interactive 3D Globe Component WhirlyGlobe – A wrapper making it much easier to work with WhirlyGlobe, a great looking open source globe component.
Thanks for reading, please bookmark and share this post.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.