If you’ve been looking for a quick and easy way to load images from the web into a UIKit based app I’ve come across a very handy UIImageView category that adds in the capability of easily loading images asynchronously from the web. In addition to the downloading the category also provides caching and error checking.
As stated in the readme the library provides:
- An UIImageView category adding web image and cache management to the Cocoa Touch framework
- An asynchronous image downloader
- An asynchronous memory + disk image caching with automatic cache expiration handling
- A guarantee that the same URL won’t be downloaded several times
- A guarantee that bogus URLs won’t be retried again and again
A very handy category to have if you’re looking for a simple way to add in images from the web for a UITableView.
Some Related Stuff You Might Be Interested In:
– Easy To Use Concurrent Downloading Library That Uses NSURLConnection
– Open Source iOS Library For Easy Image Downloading From Instagram, Facebook, Flickr and Picasa
– iOS Developer Libraries Category
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.