iCloud is a topic that I’ve brought up several times, and the most popular resources have been an excellent library that provides a blocks based syntax for upload images and documents to iCloud, and an in-depth guide on using iCloud and Core Data together.
I’ve also mentioned some excellent beginner iCloud tutorials, and today came across a tutorial that is somewhat more advanced.
In this tutorial by Ray Wenderlich you’ll learn some more advanced iCloud topics by building an app from scratch that covers iCloud usage in depth. This is an excellent tutorial if you want to understand how to handle files within your apps and use them with iCloud.
Here’s a summary of what you’ll learn taken from the tutorial page:
- Create, Read, Update, and Delete documents – both on iCloud *and* locally
- Create documents consisting of multiple files with NSFileWrapper
- Give previews of documents in the master view in an efficient manner
- Allow a toggle for the user to enable/disable iCloud in Settings
- Move/copy files to and from iCloud when user switches
- Alllow renaming and deleting files – the safe way
- Deal with conflicts and document updates
Added to the iOS 5 tutorial page.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.