There are some great apps to assist in game development available on the iPhone and iPad.
Recently I mentioned the excellent Codea app development tool that allows you to create game prototypes directly on the iPad and now even take those protoypes and build them into apps in the iPad app store.
Another useful app for game development is the iTilemaps editor allowing you to create .TMX maps directly on the iPad.
Today I received a submission of an excellent particle generator tool known as Particulate.
Particulate allows you to :
- change the colors of the particles or the background
- choose from a number of different particles or one of your own images
- control emitter specifics (direction, duration, spin and more)
- create multiple layers of effects
- export the specifics to a plist file which can then be used with the Particulate library.
You can find Particulate on the iPhone app store here.
You can read more about particulate on the official website.
A very easy to use tool, on the official site you’ll find a demo project showing how to use the generated particles within an app. No external libraries are used.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.