UPDATE: This contest is now closed, and winners being drawn. Thanks to all!
After the great success of our recent giveaway with the App design vault I have teamed up with Packt Publishing and wear organizing a giveaway where six lucky winners can pick up a copy of their choice between four great selling books on developing with Unity and iPhone.
Keep reading to find out how you can be one of the Lucky Winner.
The first book is Unity 3.X game Development Essentials:
- Kick start your game development, and build ready-to-play 3D games with ease.
- Understand key concepts in game design including scripting, physics, instantiation, particle effects, and more.
The second book is Unity iOS Essentials:
- Learn key strategies and follow practical guidelines for creating Unity 3D games for iOS devices.
- Learn how to plan your game levels to optimize performance on iOS devices using advanced game concepts.
- Full of tips, scripts, shaders, and complete Unity 3D projects to guide you through game creation on iOS from start to finish.
Read more about this book and download free Sample Chapter here.
The third book is iPhone applications tune-up:
- Tune up every aspect of your iOS application for greater levels of stability and performance.
- Improve the users’ experience by boosting the performance of your app.
- Learn how to build an intuitive interface for your future iOS application
- Avoid app rejection with detailed insight into how to best abide by Apple’s interface guidelines
Here are the rules to enter:
1) Tweet this article – you can use the tweet button at the top or at the bottom of the article.
2) Visit the books above, check out what’s inside and see what you would like to learn most from the books – pick one that you like the best.
3) Enter a comment below (or below this article on ManiacDev.com if you are reading this elsewhere…) with your twitter name and what you’re looking forward to learn most in the above articles.
Twitter Name: @maniacdev. I would like Unity 3.x development essentials am really looking forward to learning how to use the particle engine in Unity 3D.
4) Be sure that you are following @maniacdev on Twitter when the contest ends at 12 Noon Pacific Standard Time January 18th so you can receive your prize by direct message – or it will go to the next person.
Only one entry per person. Random.org will be used to pick the six winners.
You will be able to choose whether you would like an eBook or physical book.
Good luck on being one of the six winners!
Update: After entering our contest be sure to check out a contest that Hsiao Wei Chen is having for a copy of the Cocos2D 1 Game Development Cookbook also from Packt over on her blog here.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.