Welcome back to another edition of the best resources in iOS development listing the last two weeks of resources on this site in order of popularity.
This week’s resources feature a library for making beautiful modal panels within your iOS apps very quickly, a guide on disabling ARC on specific files, a Path 2 inspired UITableView replacement, and more.
Here are the resources:
1. Open Source: Library For Elegantly Styled Modal Panels In iOS Apps – A great library for easily customizable modal panels that look great.
2. Easily Get Non-ARC Enabled Open Source Libraries Working In ARC Enabled Projects – A quick tutorial showing how to disable arc on specific files within Xcode.
3. Open Source: UITableview Replacement With Information Overlays – Inspired By The Path 2 App – A nicely done UITableView replacement that adds information overlays while scrolling.
4. Tool: SOAP Based Web Services Made Easy On The iOS Platform – A web service that automatically takes your wsdl definition for a SOAP web service, and turns it into a working Xcode project.
5. Handy Cheat Sheet For Using Objective-C Blocks (Closures) – A nice cheat sheet to have handy if you are still learning how to use Objective-C blocks.
6. iBooks Author App: Quick Summary Of Everything You Need To Know! – A quick feature summary of Apple’s new iBooks Author app.
7. Open Source: Library For Easy iCloud Image And Document Transfers With A Blocks Based Syntax – A library providing a very simple and clean syntax for easy image and document uploading and downloading from iCloud.
8. Open Source: Library For Creating Framed, Shadowed, Stacked Images Automatically For A Real Photo Look – A library that uses core graphics to make images look like real photos.
10. Open Source Apps List: Hacker News Client, iPhone Theft Tracker, Barcode Scanner And More Added – Feature covering some new additions to the open source iOS apps list.
11. Example Source Code: A Cocos2D Color Picker Extension Designed Specifically For The iPad – A great color picker extension for use in Cocos2D apps built for the iPad and touch interaction.
12. Open Source: An OpenGL ES Powered Game Engine Module For Appcelerator Titanium Mobile – A new module for Appcelerator titanium created specifically for game graphics.
13. Open Source iOS Control: UILabel Replacement With Individually Clickable Words – A handy library providing a UILabel replacement with selectable words.
Thanks for reading, please bookmark and share this post!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.