With so many different iOS app review sites out there, and so many apps flooding the app store for reviewers to look at you really have to wonder if your promo codes are being used.
You need to get the most mileage out of your codes, but unfortunately Apple has no mechanism for iOS developers to easily check whether a promo code is valid.
Fortunately David Barnard has outlined the steps involved in a simple hacky way to check promo codes without burning the code.
Here are the steps:
1. Launch iTunes and log out
2. Log back in and go the the Account view
3. Look for “Reset all warnings for buying and downloading” and click the “Reset” button
4. Quit and relaunch iTunes [I’m not 100% sure this is necessary, but I didn’t want to risk a promo code to find out]
5. Follow this link to the promo code redemption page: https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/redeemLandingPage
6. Enter a code and click “Redeem”
No more need to wonder about the validity of those codes – if they’re not used you can just send them out to those further down the reviewer list.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.