This week’s list of resources includes an easy to use XML parser, Cocos2D special effects, a tutorial on building your own custom UIControl’s and more.
The iPhone 5 event has officially been slated for Oct. 4th, and it will be interesting to see if any unexpected features are added.
Here are the resources listed in order of popularity:
1. Open Source: New XML Parsing Library With A Highly Readable Easy To Maintain Syntax – An interesting new XML parsing library with an easy to use, concise and readable syntax making extensive use of blocks.
2. Example: Create A Lightning Effect In Cocos2D Using OpenGL ES – A source code example showing how to create a cool lighting-like effect in Cocos2D with definable strike points.
3. Tutorial: How To Extend UIControl And Build Your Own Custom Range Slider Component – A tutorial showing how to create your own custom UIControls by building a slider with start and end points.
4. Open Source iOS Library For Adding Basic Touch Handling To A UIView Instantly – A very useful library allowing you to add touch handling to a UIView automatically (touch up, touch down, double tap, and two finger taps).
5. How To Get 10,000,000+ Downloads In The iOS App Store (For Real!) – A very insightfiul interview where the founders of two companies that have combined for over 10 million downloads in the app store discuss their success story, and how they were able to gain a competitive edge in the app store.
6. Tutorials: Core Animation iOS Game Development Gems – A set of tutorials demonstrating how to solve specific issues that can arise when developing games with Core Animation.
7. Open Source: Multipurpose iOS Developer Library With Many Utility Features – A massively useful library with a multitude of iOS SDK extensions, Core Data helpers, macros and more.
8. Example: Using The Facebook Open Graph Beta API To Add To A User’s Wishlist On iOS – An example project demonstrating the use of Facebook’s Open Graph API.
9. Open Source: Customizable iOS Calendar Component With Landscape Orientation Support – A calendar component with an easily changeable look, and perhaps the only open source calendar component available with landscape support.
Thanks for reading, please share this post!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.