I’ve mentioned TestFlight’s app test app distribution service in the past, and if you’re doing any sort of app testing then chances are you are familiar with their service.
Testflight has started added an extra set of services with the new SDK to make testing even better – and these services are available for free. Some of the noteworth features within the new SDK are detailed test results, in-app questions you can ask your testers, in-app feedback forms, and in-app updating.
Here’s a complete listing of the new features from the Testflight blog:
- Crash Reports – Real time reports with environment snapshots, full session activity, and your NSLogs.
- Check Points – Monitor tester engagement and watch as they progress through your app or take unexpected turns.
- Sessions – Discover how testers are using your application. Watch as they progress and take unexpected turns.
- In-App Questions – Get the answers you need right when you need them. Ask multiple choice or open answer questions in real time the moment a checkpoint is reached.
- Feedback – Gather more feedback with in-app forms or via tester email replies, which is all neatly organized in your dashboard and enables immediate responses.
- In-App Updates – Prompt testers to install the latest version of your app and they can update instantly over-the-air.
- Enterprise IPA Support – If you have an Enterprise Developer account through Apple, you get the added benefit of unlimited devices with all the TestFlight features.
- Build Reporting –View realtime build status and tester activity.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.