Welcome to the site, and to another feature on the top new resources on this site from the past week.
Once again this week we say another update to the iOS SDK which means there is still a chance for a September release for the next iPhone – although the consensus of the tech pundits seems to now be early October. Anyone else getting tired of downloading updates?
This week’s resources include news about a new library from Google for iOS developers, game programming tutorials, and new open source libraries.
Here are the resources:
1. News: Google Releases New Objective-C Library For Communication With Their API’s – Google has created a new library for API communication to replace their Gdata Objective-C client library with support for JSON and Oauth2 based authentication.
2. Open Source: Libraries For Quick Magazine/Book Apps With PDF Files Or Images – A look at three open source libraries that allow you to quickly add PDF and image magazine capability into an app.
3. Tutorial: Building A Solitaire Board Game With The iOS SDK – An in depth tutorial on how to create a board game using only libraries included with the iOS SDK such as Core Image.
4. Open Source: Library For Easily Communicating With Objective-C Code From A UIWebView – An easy to use library that allows very cleanly enables two-way communication with Objective-C code from a UIWebView.
5. Tools: Great Xcode 4 Themes And Xcode 3 Theme Converter – A look at some great looking Xcode 4 themes to make Xcode 4 easier on the eyes.
6. News: Open Source iOS Game Engine Updates Roundup – A round-up of significant open source game engine news from the last month including great projects like Cocos2D, the Moai SDK and more.
7. News: Open Source iOS Project Featuring Integrated Cocos2D, Cocos3D, Lua Scripting And More – An interesting new project enabling automatic install and updating of Cocos2D and other related projects and much more.
8. JSONKit Example For Beginners Demonstrating Use With The Rotten Tomatoes API – A quick tutorial and example project showing how to create an application using JSONKit.
9. Tutorial: Using Cocos2D iPhone and Box2D To Easily Create A Platform Game – An in-depth step by step tutorial explaining many Box2D details in the creation of a physics-filled platform game.
Thanks for reading, please bookmark and share this post!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.