Welcome to another edition of the best in iPad and iPhone development featuring the iOS resources from the last week that have been featured in the last week in order of popularity.
This week the top resources included open source libraries allowing for the usage of blocks in many different iOS classes, enhanced tableview cell’s taking advantage of the iPad width, and a grid view designed for high performance.
Here are the resources:
1. Open Source: Massive Collection Of Objective-C Blocks Extensions – This is an extremely useful collection of dozens of open source extensions adding the ability to use blocks with numerous iOS classes.
2. Open Source: Library For iPad UITableViewCell’s With Multiple Dynamic Controls – A library allowing you to easily create iPad UITableViewCell’s with multiple interactive controls along with controls cloning the appearance of common desktop controls.
3. Open Source: High Speed Interactive iOS Grid View Component – A grid view component designed for high performance and fashioned after the UITableView pattern for ease of use.
4. Tutorial: Using The Tapku Library To Create An Elegant Marked Calendar – A tutorial and example code demonstrating how to use the calendar capabilities of the multipurpose Tapku library, and add markings on special dates.
5. Tutorial: In-Depth Tutorial On The iOS UITableView And UIPickerView – An extremely in-depth no stone left unturned tutorial on creating a thermostat application while explaining how to create an interactive UITableView integrated with UIPickerView controls.
6. Tutorial And Open Source Library For Building A UPnP Client On iOS Devices – A tutorial demonstrating how to create an application that can communicate with UPnP devices using a special UpnP communications library.
7. Tutorial: Building A Beautiful Front End Interface For A News App – A tutorial on creating a beautiful grid interface similar to the Pulse News App.
8. News: Open Source Wolfenstein 3D and Doom Apps Released With Significant Updates – iD Bethesda has updated their Wolfenstein and Doom iOS apps with many signifcant features such as iPad support.
9. An In-Depth Look At The Sensible Tableview UITableView Library – An overview of the premium Sensible TableView “UI replacement” library and some of my first impressions.
Thanks for reading, please bookmark and share this post!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.