If you’ve run into a situation where found yourself trying to build any open source libraries designed for Unix, but not specifically for iOS devices – or doing any sort of web communication that can’t easily be done using Cocoa Touch libraries – then this project should be of great help.
The project includes some of the most useful libraries around pre-built for iOS devices, and also a build script so you can see how things are done, and tweak if necessary. On the project homepage you’ll also find tips about using the compiled binaries within your projects.
Included in the project are some of the all time great open source libraries:
- Curl – The multi-protocol web communications library (and a personal favorite).
- OpenSSL – Open source SSL library.
- libEtPan – E-mail library with support for multiple protocols including IMAP.
- GnuPG – Open souce PGP encryption library.
- Zlib – The compression library.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.