Welcome to the site, and to another list featuring some of the best resources in iPad and iPhone development that were features on this site in the last week. I know that many regular visitors have had quite a bit on their minds more important than development in the last few days, and I hope that all is well.
This list features some excellent open source frameworks, and controls – some answers to visitor questions, and some very useful tutorials and tools.
Here are the resources from the last week listed in order of popularity:
1. Open Source: Framework For In-App Purchases With Just A Few Lines Of Code – An absolutely brilliant, and consistently updated library that allows you to add in app purchases to your app with a plist file and a small amount of code. Even supports auto-renewable subscriptions.
2. Open Source: Interactive 3D Globe Component That You Can Draw On – A beautiful control that allows you to add a 3D globe on your map providing a high level of interactivity allowing you to detect touches, draw text and vector graphics on specific areas.
3. Open Source: Sample Project With Precompiled OpenCV 2.3.1 – Alleviating problems that occur from a previously mentioned script for using OpenCV 2.2 this project provides the basis for working OpenCV 2.3.1 projects on the iOS platform.
4. Open Source: Multipurpose Utility Library With Dozens Of Cocoa Touch Helper Classes – A very useful library allowing making common tasks involving UIViews, Core Animation, multithreading, UITableView cells and more easier. Was fun seeing this great project become most watched on Github quickly after mentioning it on this site.
5. Open Source: Plotting Libraries For Easy Charts Without The Cost – A look at creating graphs on the iPhone mentioning a couple of Obj-C alternatives and other potential alternatives.
6. Tutorial: How To Change Voice Pitch For Your Own Talking Tom Cat Like App – Article revealing a great open source library enabling advanced sound manipulation, and a tutorial on how to use those features in creating a voice changing app.
7. Open Source Libraries And Examples For Zip, Rar, and 7-Zip Compression – A look at how to support common desktop compression methods providing open source alternatives and tutorials for 3 of the most common compression methods.
8. Tool: Xcode 4 Project Template For Automatically Creating Universal Frameworks – An excellent set of templates allowing you to create frameworks automatically.
9. Tutorials: Building Games Quickly With LevelHelper And SpriteHelper – A great tutorial on using these excellent tools to create a simple from the ground up carefully explaining every step in detail.
Thanks for reading, please bookmark and share this post!