Welcome to the site, another week has gone by, and this week Apple released yet another update to the iOS SDK beta.
This week’s resources include a UIView transitions library enabling some very slick transitions, a brilliant demonstration of many different core animation techniques, the conversion of some Cocos2D iPhone tutorials to the cross-platform Cocos2D-X and more.
Here are the resources listed in order of popularity:
1. Open Source: 3D View Transitions Library Including Cloth And Flip Style Transitions – An excellent library utilizing OpenGL ES allowing you to perform custom transitions between UIView objects.
2. Open Source: Unique Device ID Generator For UDID Alternative – After stories broke on tech sites about impending changes regarding access to the UDID by iOS apps – this library was created to allow for easy generation of a unique ID using the app bundle identifier and the device’s MAC address.
3. Open Source: Extensive Core Animation Techniques Demo – A brilliant demonstration of multiple core animation techniques from a CocoaHeads meeting.
4. Building An Aim/ICQ/Jabber Client On iOS (Open Source Frameworks, Examples, And A Tutorial) – Responding to a question on this topic – this is a list of frameworks for the Oscar and XMPP protocols along with an open source AIM/ICQ messaging app, and a tutorial on building a Jabber client with the Objective-C XMPP framework.
5. Open Source: Library For Stacking And Sliding Tables Like The iPad Twitter App – An iPad control allowing you to easily create animated tables that can stack and slide to display large amounts of data.
6. Tutorial: How To Import And Export Documents With Your Apps – An excellent step-by-step guide demonstrating how to import documents (including .PDF) documents, and export them for use within other apps that can handle docemnts.
7. Open Source: Easy UITableView Replacement Library Great For Forms/Config Screens – A brilliant library allowing you to create Tableviews with just a few lines of code with cells including various controls – particularly good for forms, and loading screens.
8. Tutorials: Cocos2D Game Tutorials Converted To Cross Platform C++ Cocos2D-X – A collection of tutorials written for iOS Cocos2D and accompanying C++ Cocos2D-X source code that can run on both the iOS and Android platforms.
9. Open Source: Collapsable Grouped TableView Library And Tutorial – An easy to use library allowing to add a minimize, and maximize buttons to each group within a grouped tableview.
10. News: Open Source 2D PixelWave Game Engine Officially Released – An open source 2D game engine for the iOS platform fashioned after ActionScript 3, designed to be usable quickly by Flash game developers.
Thanks for reading, please bookmark and share this post!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.