The extremely popular Cocos2D engine has many associated open source projects, so many with such specialized use that they typically get little mention, and end up never being heard of.
A new project has emerged known as Cocos2D Extensions that aims to place all the quality extensions within a single open source project has been created.
Here’s a list of what’s in the project so far as listed on the Github pag and available for iOS devices:
- CCMenuAdvanced – CCMenu subclass with additional features: relativeAnchor, more align options, priority property, scrolling with swipe/trackpad/mousewheel
- CCMenuItemSpriteIndependent – CCMenuItemSprite Subclass, that doesnt add normal/selected/disabled images (sprites) as children. It retains them and delegates rect & convertToNodeSpace: methods to normalImage_. So it’s possible to use CCSpriteBatchNode & add position sprites of menuItem anyway you want.
- CCVideoPlayer – Simple Video Player for Cocos2D apps.
- CCBigImage – Dynamic Tiled Node for holding Large Images.
- CCSlider – Little Slider Control to allow the user to set the music/sfx/etc level in the range of 0.0f to 1.0f.
- CCSendMessages – CCActionInstant subclass, that is more flexible than other CCActions that run functions. Can be used in many cases as blocks replacement.
- CCScrollLayer – CCLayer subclass that lets you pass-in an array of layers and it will then create a smooth scroller. Complete with the “snapping” effect.
- FilesDownloader – Downloader for a group of files with shared source path.
You can see the intro video for Cocos2D extensions here:
The Github page can be found here with download, and documentation in a wiki:
Looks like a very useful first release.
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.