- Open Source Library Allowing You To Create/Export Swift Objects To A JSON Based Format
- Open Source Library Providing A Wide Variety Of Great Looking Text Field Animations
- Open Source Swift Library For Creating Animated Zoom-In Popover Views
- Top iOS Development Resources For Four Weeks Ended August 23rd, 2015
- Open Source Library For Creating Tinder Style Swipeable Card Based User Interfaces
- Open Source iOS Pull-To-Refresh Component Featuring A Unique Bending And Bouncing Animation
- Open Source iOS Component For Creating Buttons With Built In Confirmation Functionality
- Open Source Swift PocketSphinx Wrapper Library For Implementing Speech Recognition
- Open Source iOS Component For Creating Animated Activity Indicators Within The Navigation Bar
- Open Source Component For Adding Badges To Views With Different Styles And Animations
- iOS App Review Sites - 157 Sites For iPhone And iPad App Reviews
- Open Source iPhone and iPad Apps Listing - Real App Source Code
- Open Source iOS Games List - Game Source Code
- Xcode 4 - iOS 5 Storyboard Tutorial And Guide
- (ARC) Automatic Reference Counting Tutorial And Guide
- GLKit Tutorial And Guide
- iOS 5 Core Image Tutorial And Example
- An Interview With Ray Wenderlich About The Space Game Starter Kit
- Game Programming Tutorial – Beginners Action Game
- iPad Development Thoughts Roundup
- iPhone Game Tutorial With Video - Programming Tutorials
- Xcode 4 Tutorial And Guide
- Xcode Plugins List
- Cocos2D Tutorial And Example Page
- iOS App Review Sites - 100+ Sites To Promote Your iPhone And iPad Apps
- Tutorials From A Pro Designer For Design Noobs Looking To Create Great Looking Apps
- iOS Developer Cheat Sheets
- iPhone Game Engine Comparison - Open Source
- Open Source iPhone Apps Listing
- iPad Development Tutorial and Resources Collection
- iPhone Development On Windows Options
- iOS 6 Tutorial And Example Page
- Cocos2D iPhone Tutorial Resources
Beginning iPhone development can be rough, especially if you’re not a professional developer.
I know that searches for beginner tutorials are common on this website and I have moved away from “how to get started” material into talking about development libraries, and more advanced developer tutorials — while I will be putting more up for beginners in the future I’d like to point beginners out to a new resource.
That resource is from one of this site’s active commenters Nick Vellios. Thanks to Nick’s comments I visited his site several times and noticed it had become a growing resource for those getting started with the iPhone and iPad sdk.
Nick has created several tutorials for absolute beginners featuring sample code, step-by-step instruction, and detailed screenshosts. Some of the resources include:
Final one isn’t really a tutorial but it’s great if you get the Stanford CS193p course on iTunes.
- Polygons iPhone Source Code (Same assignment as in the Stanford CS193p class on iTunes)
And several other snippets, tutorials, and sample code for beginners ios developers.
Be sure to check it out if you are a beginner looking for help.
If you find something you like then please share it with others using the buttons below. Thanks!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.