- Code Example: An Apple Watch Pomodora Technique App With A Great UI
- Top iOS Development Resources For Week Ended March 1st, 2015
- Tool: An Xcode Plugin For Generating Colorful Dependency Charts
- Open Source iOS Library For Downloading, Caching, And Displaying Images With Many Nice Features
- Open Source iOS Library Makes Working With The Camera Easier And Adds A Number Of Nice Features
- Open Source Swift Component Allowing You To Add A Neat Twinkling Effect To A UIView
- Tutorial: A Quick Guide To Using C Libraries Within Swift Code
- Tutorial And Source: An Image Loader Component With An Interesting Expanding Circular Animation
- Open Source iOS Library Providing Customizable Pull-To-Refresh And Infinite Scrolling
- Open Source iOS Library For Discovery And Data Transfer In The Background Using BLE
- iOS App Review Sites - 157 Sites For iPhone And iPad App Reviews
- Open Source iPhone and iPad Apps Listing - Real App Source Code
- Open Source iOS Games List - Game Source Code
- Xcode 4 - iOS 5 Storyboard Tutorial And Guide
- (ARC) Automatic Reference Counting Tutorial And Guide
- GLKit Tutorial And Guide
- iOS 5 Core Image Tutorial And Example
- An Interview With Ray Wenderlich About The Space Game Starter Kit
- Game Programming Tutorial – Beginners Action Game
- iPad Development Thoughts Roundup
- iPhone Game Tutorial With Video - Programming Tutorials
- Xcode 4 Tutorial And Guide
- Xcode Plugins List
- Cocos2D Tutorial And Example Page
- iOS App Review Sites - 100+ Sites To Promote Your iPhone And iPad Apps
- Tutorials From A Pro Designer For Design Noobs Looking To Create Great Looking Apps
- iOS Developer Cheat Sheets
- iPhone Game Engine Comparison - Open Source
- Open Source iPhone Apps Listing
- iPad Development Tutorial and Resources Collection
- iPhone Development On Windows Options
- iOS 6 Tutorial And Example Page
- Cocos2D iPhone Tutorial Resources
Beginning iPhone development can be rough, especially if you’re not a professional developer.
I know that searches for beginner tutorials are common on this website and I have moved away from “how to get started” material into talking about development libraries, and more advanced developer tutorials — while I will be putting more up for beginners in the future I’d like to point beginners out to a new resource.
That resource is from one of this site’s active commenters Nick Vellios. Thanks to Nick’s comments I visited his site several times and noticed it had become a growing resource for those getting started with the iPhone and iPad sdk.
Nick has created several tutorials for absolute beginners featuring sample code, step-by-step instruction, and detailed screenshosts. Some of the resources include:
Final one isn’t really a tutorial but it’s great if you get the Stanford CS193p course on iTunes.
- Polygons iPhone Source Code (Same assignment as in the Stanford CS193p class on iTunes)
And several other snippets, tutorials, and sample code for beginners ios developers.
Be sure to check it out if you are a beginner looking for help.
If you find something you like then please share it with others using the buttons below. Thanks!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.