Apple has recently released the Xcode 4 which can be found on the Apple developer iOS site.
In this space I will be posting tutorials on using Xcode 4, specifically on how to optimize your Xcode 4 environment, and more.
Here’s a few of the features that I really like in Xcode 4:
- A single window experience – and they really handled it well, making it feel much more like an app in the same window.
- Interface builder in the same window – this allows you to make connections right in your code.. pretty damn cool.
- An assistant displaying an overview of your code in a visual manner allowing you to easily see how changes in one class can affect another
- New instruments and debugger – much more intuitive.
Xcode 4 Tutorials And Guides:
- Basic Objective-C debugging in Xcode 4 – Beginnners debugging guide using Xcode 4: Part 1, Part 2
- Creating Xcode 4 File Templates – Guide on creating file templates
- Xcode 4 Project Template Generation Script – Script for automatically creating project templates.
- Creating Xcode 4 Project Templates – Guide on creating project templates.
- Storyboard Tutorials – Tutorials on the storyboarding feature added in Xcode 4.2.
- Apple’s Xcode 4 Transitioning Guide – Essential stuff for those transitioning from a previous version of Xcode.
- Hidden Features Of Xcode 4 – A user contributed list of Xcode 4 tips and tricks.
- In-depth Xcode 4 Review And Feature Guide - Great review of Xcode 4 filled with many tips and tricks for those new to Xcode 4 .
- Xcode 4 Screencasts – Set of free screencasts from the Pragmatic Programmers for beginners to Xcode 4.
- Creating Outlets And Actions Via Drag And Drop – Screencast and guide on automatically creating outlets and actions without needing to enter any code yourself.
- Code coverage in Xcode 4 – How to generate GCOV data using Xcode 4 projects, and how to improve your tests using the data