- Xcode Plugin Providing Automatic Configurable Debugger And Utilities Panel Hiding
- Example And Guide: An Optimized Reaction Diffusion Simulation Using The Metal Graphics API
- Open Source iOS Framework For Easily Creating Node Based Visual Editors
- Swift Based ActiveRecord/MagicalRecord Helpers For Working With Core Data
- Open Source iOS Library Extending UITextView With Annotations, A Change API And More
- Open Source Swift Based Component For Creating Customizable Progress Indicators With UIBezierPath
- Code Example: An iPhone Springboard Protoype Based On The Apple Watch
- Open Source Library For Easily Creating A Custom Touch ID Or Passcode Lock Screen
- Open Source Swift Library Providing Easy JSON Deserialization Into Classes, Primitives And More
- Open Source Swift Based Pull-To-Refresh Component That Supports Custom Animations
- iOS App Review Sites - 157 Sites For iPhone And iPad App Reviews
- Open Source iPhone and iPad Apps Listing - Real App Source Code
- Open Source iOS Games List - Game Source Code
- Xcode 4 - iOS 5 Storyboard Tutorial And Guide
- (ARC) Automatic Reference Counting Tutorial And Guide
- GLKit Tutorial And Guide
- iOS 5 Core Image Tutorial And Example
- An Interview With Ray Wenderlich About The Space Game Starter Kit
- Game Programming Tutorial – Beginners Action Game
- iPad Development Thoughts Roundup
- iPhone Game Tutorial With Video - Programming Tutorials
- Xcode 4 Tutorial And Guide
- Xcode Plugins List
- Cocos2D Tutorial And Example Page
- iOS App Review Sites - 100+ Sites To Promote Your iPhone And iPad Apps
- Tutorials From A Pro Designer For Design Noobs Looking To Create Great Looking Apps
- iOS Developer Cheat Sheets
- iPhone Game Engine Comparison - Open Source
- Open Source iPhone Apps Listing
- iPad Development Tutorial and Resources Collection
- iPhone Development On Windows Options
- iOS 6 Tutorial And Example Page
- Cocos2D iPhone Tutorial Resources
- Tutorial: Finding Memory Leaks With The Allocations Instrument And Heapshot Analysis
- Top iOS Development Resources For Week Ended April 6th, 2014
- Tool: A Command Line Documentation Generator For Swift
- iOS Library For Easily Creating Images At Runtime With Bitmap/PDF Images As A Mask
- Open Source Component For Making A Nice iOS 7 Control Center Style Animated Side Bar Menu
- Open Source iOS Library For Detecting Apps Installed On A User’s Device
- Recording Of Actual iPhone/iPad App Store Submission
- Open Source: New Networking Framework Inspired By The Now Defunct ASIHttpRequest
- iOS Library For Automatically Creating CRUD Interfaces (Scaffolding) Using A Core Data Model
- Tool: Selenium For Apps – A Selenium Web Driver API Compatible iOS UIAutomation Driver
Beginning iPhone development can be rough, especially if you’re not a professional developer.
I know that searches for beginner tutorials are common on this website and I have moved away from “how to get started” material into talking about development libraries, and more advanced developer tutorials — while I will be putting more up for beginners in the future I’d like to point beginners out to a new resource.
That resource is from one of this site’s active commenters Nick Vellios. Thanks to Nick’s comments I visited his site several times and noticed it had become a growing resource for those getting started with the iPhone and iPad sdk.
Nick has created several tutorials for absolute beginners featuring sample code, step-by-step instruction, and detailed screenshosts. Some of the resources include:
Final one isn’t really a tutorial but it’s great if you get the Stanford CS193p course on iTunes.
- Polygons iPhone Source Code (Same assignment as in the Stanford CS193p class on iTunes)
And several other snippets, tutorials, and sample code for beginners ios developers.
Be sure to check it out if you are a beginner looking for help.
If you find something you like then please share it with others using the buttons below. Thanks!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.