- Tutorial: How To Easily Set Up Scrolling Content Within A UIScrollView Using Auto-Layout
- Open Source iOS Component For Quickly Generating Waveform Views Form Audio Or Video
- Open Source iOS Expanding Text Entry Component That Sticks To The Top Of The Keyboard
- Nice Open Source iOS Customizable Circular Activity Indicator With Icon
- Open Source iOS String And Number Validation Library
- Open Source Library With A Nice Clean Syntax For Creating Table View Based Forms
- Open Source Control Allowing You To Apply A Controllable Shimmering Effect To Any UIView
- An Open Source Component For Creating Highly Customizable iOS 7 Style UIAlertViews
- Open Source iOS Library For Creating Great Looking Buttons With Many Customization Options
- Open Source Component For Creating Paged iOS 7 Style Slide-In Menus That Zoom Out The Main View
- iOS App Review Sites - 157 Sites For iPhone And iPad App Reviews
- Open Source iPhone and iPad Apps Listing - Real App Source Code
- Open Source iOS Games List - Game Source Code
- Xcode 4 - iOS 5 Storyboard Tutorial And Guide
- (ARC) Automatic Reference Counting Tutorial And Guide
- GLKit Tutorial And Guide
- iOS 5 Core Image Tutorial And Example
- An Interview With Ray Wenderlich About The Space Game Starter Kit
- Game Programming Tutorial – Beginners Action Game
- iPad Development Thoughts Roundup
- iPhone Game Tutorial With Video - Programming Tutorials
- Xcode 4 Tutorial And Guide
- Xcode Plugins List
- Cocos2D Tutorial And Example Page
- iOS App Review Sites - 100+ Sites To Promote Your iPhone And iPad Apps
- Tutorials From A Pro Designer For Design Noobs Looking To Create Great Looking Apps
- iOS Developer Cheat Sheets
- iPhone Game Engine Comparison - Open Source
- Open Source iPhone Apps Listing
- iPad Development Tutorial and Resources Collection
- iPhone Development On Windows Options
- iOS 6 Tutorial And Example Page
- Cocos2D iPhone Tutorial Resources
- Open Source iOS Component For Making Great Looking Animated Circular Menu Controls
- iOS Component Enhancing The Keyboard With Fast Movement Gestures And Easy Word Selection
- Open Source Control For Easy Customizable Gesture Controlled Table View Cells
- Open Source Module For Easy Apple Push Notifications To iOS Apps Using Node.js
- Open Source: Library To Add Color (Even Gradients) To Tab Bar Icons
- Open Source Cocos2D Based Framework For Creating Highly Interactive iPad Books
- Open Source iOS Controls For Pinterest Style Image Table Views
- Top iOS Development Resources For Week Ended January 19th, 2014
- Example: A Newly Open Sourced Full-Featured Drawing App
- Tutorial: Use Photoshop To Create Levels For Your Corona SDK Games
Beginning iPhone development can be rough, especially if you’re not a professional developer.
I know that searches for beginner tutorials are common on this website and I have moved away from “how to get started” material into talking about development libraries, and more advanced developer tutorials — while I will be putting more up for beginners in the future I’d like to point beginners out to a new resource.
That resource is from one of this site’s active commenters Nick Vellios. Thanks to Nick’s comments I visited his site several times and noticed it had become a growing resource for those getting started with the iPhone and iPad sdk.
Nick has created several tutorials for absolute beginners featuring sample code, step-by-step instruction, and detailed screenshosts. Some of the resources include:
Final one isn’t really a tutorial but it’s great if you get the Stanford CS193p course on iTunes.
- Polygons iPhone Source Code (Same assignment as in the Stanford CS193p class on iTunes)
And several other snippets, tutorials, and sample code for beginners ios developers.
Be sure to check it out if you are a beginner looking for help.
If you find something you like then please share it with others using the buttons below. Thanks!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.