- Component Allowing You To Easily Display Images With A Parallax Effect In A UICollectionView
- Open Source iOS Component That Makes It Easier To Get Permission To Use Photos And Contacts
- Open Source Library For Creating Great Looking Animated And Interactive Line Graphs
- Extensive Functional Programming Inspired Categories For NSArray, NSSet, And NSDictionary
- Open Source iOS Library Providing A Number Of Nice View Transitions
- Tutorial: Step-By-Step Guide To Creating A Path Drawing Game With Sprite Kit
- An Open Source iOS In-App Web Page Display Component With An Automatically Adjusting Interface
- A Custom UICollectionView Flow Layout Using Customizable Hexagon Shaped Cells
- Open Source iOS Library Providing A Lightweight GCD Based HTTP Server
- iOS App Review Sites - 157 Sites For iPhone And iPad App Reviews
- Open Source iPhone and iPad Apps Listing - Real App Source Code
- Open Source iOS Games List - Game Source Code
- Xcode 4 - iOS 5 Storyboard Tutorial And Guide
- (ARC) Automatic Reference Counting Tutorial And Guide
- GLKit Tutorial And Guide
- iOS 5 Core Image Tutorial And Example
- An Interview With Ray Wenderlich About The Space Game Starter Kit
- Game Programming Tutorial – Beginners Action Game
- iPad Development Thoughts Roundup
- iPhone Game Tutorial With Video - Programming Tutorials
- Xcode 4 Tutorial And Guide
- Xcode Plugins List
- Cocos2D Tutorial And Example Page
- iOS App Review Sites - 100+ Sites To Promote Your iPhone And iPad Apps
- Tutorials From A Pro Designer For Design Noobs Looking To Create Great Looking Apps
- iOS Developer Cheat Sheets
- iPhone Game Engine Comparison - Open Source
- Open Source iPhone Apps Listing
- iPad Development Tutorial and Resources Collection
- iPhone Development On Windows Options
- iOS 6 Tutorial And Example Page
- Cocos2D iPhone Tutorial Resources
- Gesture Controllable Sliding Menu Control That Works With Storyboards And In iOS 7
- Best Resources In iOS Development January 24th 2011
- Open Source: Customizable Library For Beautiful Easy Text Display With HTML Like Tags
- Open Source: Simple Drop-In In Line Browser View Component
- iOS Image Processing Library Allowing You To Define Custom Image Filters Using A JSON File
- Open Source Control For Easily Creating Custom iPhone and iPad Keyboards
- Custom Open Source iOS Paging Control With Slick Transitions And A Great Looking Title Indicator
- Component Allowing You To Create Good Looking iOS 7 Style In View Notification Views
- New iPhone OpenGL ES Animation Tutorial
- Goodies From Google To Accelerate iPhone Development
Beginning iPhone development can be rough, especially if you’re not a professional developer.
I know that searches for beginner tutorials are common on this website and I have moved away from “how to get started” material into talking about development libraries, and more advanced developer tutorials — while I will be putting more up for beginners in the future I’d like to point beginners out to a new resource.
That resource is from one of this site’s active commenters Nick Vellios. Thanks to Nick’s comments I visited his site several times and noticed it had become a growing resource for those getting started with the iPhone and iPad sdk.
Nick has created several tutorials for absolute beginners featuring sample code, step-by-step instruction, and detailed screenshosts. Some of the resources include:
Final one isn’t really a tutorial but it’s great if you get the Stanford CS193p course on iTunes.
- Polygons iPhone Source Code (Same assignment as in the Stanford CS193p class on iTunes)
And several other snippets, tutorials, and sample code for beginners ios developers.
Be sure to check it out if you are a beginner looking for help.
If you find something you like then please share it with others using the buttons below. Thanks!
Submit A Resource
Have you created a useful tutorial, library or tool for iOS development that you would like to get in front of our 300,000+ monthly page views from iOS developers?
You can submit the url here.
The resources we feel will appeal to our readers the most will be posted on the front page.